Looking for a faucet cover/fruit fly cover for a stout faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnolobster

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a micromatic stainless stout faucet, and I was wondering if anybody's had success making or finding a commercially available faucet cover. I use the cap-a-tap rubbery plastic type for my other faucets and love them, but I hate to leave the stout faucet sitting open to the air.

If all else fails, I'm going to pick up some 1/2" silicone hose or something and just crimp one end down, but that seems like a pretty hacky way to do it.

I'm not opposed to just unscrewing the nozzle with the restrictor plate in it and screwing on a cap nut or something to totally seal it off. It'd certainly help to always clean the beer off the restrictor plate.

Have you thought about getting rid if the fruit flies instead? There are quite a few resources available on the internet. Red wine vinegar with a drop of dish soap in a shallow container should do the trick.

Realize this is old but wondering if anyone has found anything? Putting my keezer out in the garage soon and have covers for all the other faucets cept for the stout.

I would look for a cork. Fishing cork or craft cork. Make your own cover with a beer bottle cap and a clip that holds wrench sockets on the keeper bar.

I have the same Micro-Matic stout faucet (a stainless steel war club of a thing, but that's for another thread ;) ). I took the spout down to the local Ace Hardware and rummaged through the specialty hardware section 'til I came across a drawer full of plastic end-caps and found one that fit snugly...

Cheers!

I have the same Micro-Matic stout faucet (a stainless steel war club of a thing, but that's for another thread ;) ). I took the spout down to the local Ace Hardware and rummaged through the specialty hardware section 'til I came across a drawer full of plastic end-caps and found one that fit snugly...

Cheers!

Thanks I'll give that a try... I want something that will go on and off easily and not disposable.

Back