Lowenbrau fans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STomp

Reaction score
Where are all of the Lowenbrau fans up in this forum?!!?!
:confused:

I've done searches for Lowenbrau, but no results.
I did a search on google for clone recipes. What I found was this:

"Munich Hellas Pale (Lowenbrau Clone)

7lbs. Light Bock Malt
1/2 lb. Carapils
1/4 lb. Wheat Grain
2 oz. Hal bit. (hops)
1 vial of White Labs Pitchable liquid yeast, Oktoberfest/Marzen Lager yeast # WLP820

4-5 gals of Spring water, store bought(walmart) i used Silver Springs Florida spring water.

Heat 2 1/2 Gals of spring water to 160-180 degrees. Put the grain in a grain sock/bag, and steep for 30 minutes.

Then remove the bag, and bring the water to boiling, while adding the Malt. It is now called Wort from this point on, untill called beer ! Once the wort is at a rolling boil add 1 oz of the hops.

Allow 30 minutes to go by, then add half of the remaining hops, or half an ounce, and wait another 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes add the remaining hops. (that is what I am doing right now). I will let this go for another 10 minutes, and then start cooling the Wort. You can add a gallon of Cool spring water to help bring the temp down fast, Then an Ice bath till the Wort is room temperature (70-80 degrees). Put the wort into the primary fermenter, and top off the fermenter with spring water until you reach 6 gals.

A quick check of specific gravity tells me that my wort is at 1.040 sg. not bad for a first timer ;)

Lastly toss in the yeast, give a good stir making sure to aerate the wort so the yeast had a good Oxygen base to start the fermentation process. Put on the airlock and let the yeast do some work for a change. "

I have never had it. But the dog gone song has been in my head the past 2 weeks. If it is available guess it will be my next purchase. AHS has Lowenbrau Premium Dark (Original Munich Formula). never trying it I am not sure if it is close to what you want. But there is at least 1 source.

Latest posts

Back