Denver/Aurora: Keg to Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coypoo

Reaction score
I bought a kegerator off CL last night (super score!) and it came with a full size keg shell which I dont need. My neighbor is trying to get into making his own (we normally make 10 gallons together and then split it) and all he needs is a kettle to get going. I was planning on giving him the keg to make into a keggle and I am wondering if anyone knows anybody or any place that will cut the hole in the top and drill a hole for a spigot? Thanks!

Look up your local fabricator/welder to cut the top. That's what I did. I went by and offered the first dude I saw a 12 pack of beer to cut a 12" hole, and with a plasma cutter he had it done in about 15 minutes.

As for the spigot, it is REALLY easy to do with a step-bit and a drill. I did my keggle in about 20 minutes without any experience, then did a second kettle in about 5 minutes with the lessons I learned from my first one...

Do a forum search for installing a weldless fitting or making a keggle and you'll find hundreds of examples and tips.

Back