Air bubbles and bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyleobie

Reaction score
Hi there,

It's bottling day.

My beginner brew kit apparently did not come with a bottle filler that fits on the spigot on the bottling bucket. So I have two options:

1). Pour the beer directly from the spigot into the bottle, which is causing splashing and lots of air bubbles.
2). Siphon it using my siphon tube, which is a giant pain in the ass given the length of the tube. I have to crouch on the floor to do this.

So, can I use the spigot? Will this ruin the beer or cause my bottles to explode?

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but your kit came with a bottle filler that doesn't fit? If this is the case, what you probably need to do is cut off a bit of your siphoning tub and attach one end to the spigot and one end to the bottle filler. That is what I had to do to my kit. The fillers aren't designed to attach directly onto the spigots. Hope this works!

Cut a short piece of siphon tubing (about 1.5"-2") and stick it on the spigot and then to your filler.

wow, I would highly recommend getting a bottling wand....

good luck, splashing wild promote oxidation of your beer and over time it will develop a cardboard taste... but if you drink it quick it should be fine ;)

Cut a short piece of siphon tubing (about 1.5"-2") and stick it on the spigot and then to your filler.

lol, I may have misunderstood your question....

here is a pic of a tube connection from the spigot to the wand....

bottling_wand.jpg

+1 to cutting a small piece of tubing and using it to attach your bottling wand.

I used to use the whole length of the tube also, until I came across this tip. Definitely was -1 pain in the arse come bottling time!

I can cut the tube. So obvious.

Thanks!

I'm just getting all of my dumb**** questions out of the way this batch.

Back