Rahr or Briess 2row?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MashStirBrew

Reaction score
I am about to do my first bulk grain purchase and am wondering if there is a preference for one or the other. I did notice on the descriptions that a protien rest is recommended to improve clarity. Is there a domestic base malt that does not need a protien rest? I plan on brewing mostly American style beers APA,IPA,Amber,Wheat.

Either one is a decent malt. Most of us do not do a protein rest with standard American two row, it's just not necessary.

I am about to do my first bulk grain purchase and am wondering if there is a preference for one or the other. I did notice on the descriptions that a protien rest is recommended to improve clarity. Is there a domestic base malt that does not need a protien rest? I plan on brewing mostly American style beers APA,IPA,Amber,Wheat.

You can buy "Turbo" malts. Turbo malts are more highly modified than standard base malts and are best suited in a single-infusion mash system.
Buy them at at Home wine making supply and home brew supply available on-line at Midwest Homebrewing Supplies. Search for wine recipes and beer recipes

Latest posts

Back