Plastic 5 Gallon Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokerlund

Reaction score
http://www.homebrewing.org/5-Gallon-Plastic-Pub-Keg_p_3197.html

Anybody know anything about these? I am looking to get more kegs. But spending $60 or more on 5 gallon corny ball lock kegs seems silly at this point. The 30+ year back log of used corny kegs has been depleted and my guess is that something will eventually replace it. I have looked at Sanke, but 15 gallons is too much.

Any advice

I didn't see anything called 'pub keg' and a search turned up nothing. Is that the title of the thread?

I found those a year ago. Think it's industry's answer to cheap, maybe disposable kegs.
New ones are $60. Oh, my bad, $59.95.
A ss Corny is nearly indestructible, can be pressured to 130 psi, is slim and stackable, easy to reach inside, etc.
As the man said: Buy once, cry once. A ss Corny will outlast YOU!
It's your nickel.

Yeah, at $50 or $60 they are crazy for home brew. However, I know a distributor and the story is they throw these out after one use. If I can get a hold of even 2-3 per year for cheap or free, then it becomes worth it. Otherwise $50 will only last you a year or so then you need a new insert.

Thanks for the help. I'm just frustrated with paying 20% more for Corny kegs now than 2 years ago.

Back