Guess what brew this is...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinDave07

Reaction score
Title says it all...and as for a hint: The glassware is not to style. I'll post the answer later tonight.

P6010018.jpg

P6010021.jpg

I'm going to take the 'beans' reference literally and say some sort of coffee/coffee product.

Can't fool the pros can ya?

267237.jpg

The brew is none other than a cafecito. I'm actually wired on it now. I'd eventually like to add a small amount to make a roasty espresso stout.

Strangely enough, to get a nice foamy "espumita" (head) you need to take the first runnings and mash it in a separate container full of sugar to achieve a creamy 'mash' to which you add the rest of the coffee once it is done perculating.

This stuff is loaded with caffeine :rockin:

So despite the picture, the glass is quite small then. Nice use of camera angles, did you make it on your home machine by putting sugar in the grind, or did you use some other method to get a thick headed Cuban coffee.

So despite the picture, the glass is quite small then. Nice use of camera angles, did you make it on your home machine by putting sugar in the grind, or did you use some other method to get a thick headed Cuban coffee.

Learn from the Cuban Coffee Goddess Chelita!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't fool the pros can ya?

267237.jpg

The brew is none other than a cafecito. I'm actually wired on it now. I'd eventually like to add a small amount to make a roasty espresso stout.

Strangely enough, to get a nice foamy "espumita" (head) you need to take the first runnings and mash it in a separate container full of sugar to achieve a creamy 'mash' to which you add the rest of the coffee once it is done perculating.

This stuff is loaded with caffeine :rockin:

I love cafe bustello...and it is cheap compared to other brands (I've even seen it a dollars stores in town)...but it doesn't like me, it is soo freakin acidic, it gives me nasty heartburn.

Was she using powdered sugar to make the "paste?"

I don't think so. I use cane sugar and it comes out fine. I don't care who you are, but when you have a cup, or a few, you WILL relieve yourself in the next few hours...potent stuff. :drunk:

Back