Bottle bomb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinleymike

Reaction score
Has anyone blown the airlock as well as the plug off a carboy. I had that happen to me today, I obviously filled the carboy to much Wednesday.

That's why a blow off rig is best at least for initial fermentation. This is when most of fermentation occurs,& vigorously at that.
One time I was using a blow off,& the lid still came off with a loud POP! And my wife was sitting closest to it as we were watching videos & about to take a sip of home brew.

Has anyone blown the airlock as well as the plug off a carboy. I had that happen to me today, I obviously filled the carboy to much Wednesday.

Oh yes! My carboy got a little too happy in a spare closet one day and POP! My husband's scout leader shirts hanging up in there got sprayed with it, he he he
:drunk:

lolz. I bet he was the topic of disscusion at the next scout meeting. This reminds me of my old scout master from troup 122. With his face,mustache,& haircut he looked just like J. Jona Jameson from the spiderman comics of my day.
But everyone has a POP in there brewing trek sooner or later. Just goes to prove that shzz happens...:mug:

unionrdr said:
lolz. I bet he was the topic of disscusion at the next scout meeting. This reminds me of my old scout master from troup 122. With his face,mustache,& haircut he looked just like J. Jona Jameson from the spiderman comics of my :

back in the day I heard of horrible things like scout leaders sharing an adult beverage while " on camp outs " ;)
Not Any More!

Back