Eiswein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever made an Ice wine kit? Thy're expensy!! $90 - $100 for a 3 gallon batch.
I have tasted the Grand River vineyard Ice...It's the second time in 18 years that they have had the correct conditions to make it...It was so fantastic I couldn't stand it. It was $75 a bottle...or $750 a Case...and would have been worth every single cent. I'm thinking that a C-Spot for 15 bottles ain't bad....as long as the wine is even remotely close.

Ideas?

If you do shell out for a kit i'd love to hear about it. Say you do decide to ferment one, can you document the details of the kit and let us know how it turns out?!

I'm curious on how they make eiswine kits. I wouldn't think they would follow the traditional grape on the vine procedure for kits. More economical ventures like condensing and freezing then skimming ice would seem sensible. Of course I could be absolutely wrong (as usual:)).

Back