Single-Tap Kegerator with multiple cornys...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratzie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, question regarding corny kegs and a kegerator...

I found a great deal from a family friend for a used kegerator that is in near perfect condition. Included in the price is a full 10lb tank as well as all the tubing for a 1/4 keg system. Ive looked at it and taken some measurements and it would fit perfectly in my finished basement. The inside would also fit 2-3 corny kegs.

My question is, since im low on funds for the time being and am more focused with buying my all grain system, is it possible to hook up one ball lock corney keg to the tap and then on demand disconnect and reconnect the fluid hoses to any other keg on demand. I understand there would be a mix of beer for the first bit but other then that, would there be an issue with CO2 levels with connecting and disconnecting the liquid lines between the kegs? Such as excessive foaming or flattening of the beer? Or would I be better off just connecting one to the top and using picnic taps for the other two?

If you kept all three kegs on C02 at their proper carb/serving pressure, you can freely switch the beer line from keg to keg indefinitely (well, until the kegs all kick) without doing any harm at all to the three brews.

I have a six faucet keezer and a separate carbonation fridge that holds four more kegs. I often "cheat" and will hook up my trusty picnic faucet to the kegs in the carb fridge to pull samples - especially if there's something in there that's particularly interesting to me and I just can't wait for it to move to the keezer...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back