stc valve and brutus wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stadtbrau

Reaction score
Finishing up my build and working on some wiring.... What size wire is needed for the stc valves? How much current do they draw? I am getting some wire from grainger http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/el...-cable/electrical/ecatalog/N-8isZ1z0lkkv/No-0
and am going to use it to connect the two gas valves and two march pumps on the stand to the control panel. That way I will just have one cable coming from a small junction box on the frame. I looked at the wire that came on my march pumps and it looks like 18/3 wire. Will 18 gauge wire suffice for the stc gas valves too? should I just get the 18/10 wire from grainger? Or do I need something heavier? Cheers.

Hi all,

I just came across this thread and happen to work at STC.

All STC valve require 18 gauge wire. The current draw depends on the valve, and as a result, the coil you are using. We have 12VDC, 24VDC, 24VAC, 120VAC, and 220VAC coils for all of our valves.

If you are still interested in more information, let me know what valve and coil you are using and I'd be happy to help.

Kevin

Back