Johnson A419 questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PilotCline

Reaction score
Got my temp controller today. It is hooked up to my GE 7CF freezer. First question. Should I have the Johnson plugged into a surge protector? Second Question it is a model A419ABG-3C. How can I find out if the temperature probe is water proof. Thinking of putting it in a cup of water. Set up so far is cooling mode cut-off, dif 3, APS 12min, and CF is set to turn the unit off if there is a failure. This thing seems great. Thanks!

Got my temp controller today. It is hooked up to my GE 7CF freezer. First question. Should I have the Johnson plugged into a surge protector? Second Question it is a model A419ABG-3C. How can I find out if the temperature probe is water proof. Thinking of putting it in a cup of water. Set up so far is cooling mode cut-off, dif 3, APS 12min, and CF is set to turn the unit off if there is a failure. This thing seems great. Thanks!

I have 3 Johnson's but not sure of the model.

None are in surge protectors and have gone thru a number of power surges/blackout/whatever w/o a problem.

For the water proof question go to their web site.

My johnson likes redheads.

yuk yuk yuk.

Okay, I got a johnson controller for my chill box too. It's 100% analog with a simple contact inside and a capillary tube that goes inside the box.

if your unit is like this, then yes, the "probe" is water tight.

upon further reading I see you have a different unit, not analog. I'd still betcha the probe is water-tight. They design these things for use in a fridge you know

The probe from my 419 has been in a jar of water for about a month now no problem. I should probably change the water soon too so thanks for the reminder!

Back