Ball Lock & Pin Lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yipp

Reaction score
For the past few months I have been using 2 ball lock corny kegs with picnic taps setup in my fridge and it's worked out well. I am going to be upgrading and building a keezer with 3 faucets. Ball lock kegs have been hard to come by in my area but was just recently able to get 2 pin lock kegs.

Im wondering if its going to be a hassle with the lines/disconnects having 2 ball lock and 2 pin lock kegs? Im trying to figure out if it would be easier to convert my pin lock to ball lock. That way my setup would all have the same type of disconnect.

I want to be able to use all the faucets and have the 4th keg as a backup and Im trying to get this figured out before I purchase all my hardware.

Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

You could easily set up your system with two ball lock gas disconnects and two pin lock gas disconnects.

For the faucets, you could get a liquid disconnect for each keg and make sure they have a swivel nut so that you can interchange them relatively easily.

Since that would be a PITA, I would just set it up for four faucets. Converting a two or three keg kit into a four kegger is very easy.

Unless you have mfl gas and beer qd's with associated hoses then I'd just convert all to ball lock or pin lock. $10 a keg and you're done forever..

Back