prep malted millet for brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telejunkie

Reaction score
I have 10lbs of malted millet for a pale ale...wondering how to prep the millet.
I'm guessing I need to crush it, but it's too small to be crushed in my grain mill. Do I throw it in a blender?
Anybody have any tips or suggestions for prepping the millet for brew day?

I do a few buzzes in a clean coffee grinder for my grain. Literally only a short buzz or two. Shaking in between buzzes. Or you can soak it for an hour, then put it on to a baking tray and roll it with a rolling pin. Up to you, dude.

corona mill I think would be ideal but don't have one...rolling pin or coffee grinder are options but sounds like a lot of work for 10lbs. I think i will try to crank my grain mill as small a gap as it will go and maybe run it through a couple times. Otherwise, I'll be probably using the coffee grinder. Thanks

Nah, I usually do a couple of pounds, and it doesn't take long at all. It is literally doing a few tiny pulses to crack them a little. Not grind to flour.

Back