This DIN mount relay work same as contactor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
Using a PJ diagram for my updated control panel and it call for a 240v 30a 120v coil contactor. I am wanting to try and use as many din mount components as possible.

Can I use this instead of a typical contactor?

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=1EJG7&op=search&Ntt=1EJG7&N=0&GlobalSearch=true&sst=subset (from Grainger, part number 1EJG7)

Relay, Power, Contact Form DPDT, Pins 8, Base Type DIN/Flange, Number of Contacts 2, Contact Amp Rating 30 R, Contact Amp Rating 15 L, Contact Material Silver Alloy, Coil Volts 120VAC, Coil VA Rating 4, Hz 50/60, Height 1.6 In, Width 1.4 In, Standards cURus, CSA And CE

Thanks.

:mug:

Quick answer?

Yes!

Just be sure that your electrical connections are very secure for the high current connections.
Cheap crimp on tools would not be a good idea to use. A better idea if you have such a crimp tool would be to crimp and then solder the connector to the wire.

Just saying...

Wishing you great success.

P-J

Thanks P-J (again). Copyright, I can get the ones above new, picked up half a mile from my house, and only for a fraction of the cost from the ones you mention. Thanks though.

Back