PID/SSR Smoker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layne

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a huge smoker on a trailer, that he'd like to make more automated.

I assume he could use a PID/SSR with some sort of thermocouple to set and turn on and off the propane burners much like we use them for turning on elements.
Yes?

Auber (PID company) sells a bunch of smoker-specific stuff. Also, do a Google search on those terms. There are forums out there with build threads to do exactly what you are looking for. I read through one lately where the guy's PID was connected to a computer fan which in turn regulated the smoker temp (somehow). That build thread had a huge number of pictures.

I have a friend that has a huge smoker on a trailer, that he'd like to make more automated.

I assume he could use a PID/SSR with some sort of thermocouple to set and turn on and off the propane burners much like we use them for turning on elements.
Yes?

Yep. I have seen a bunch of builds using all sorts of controllers.

I figured as much.
I would have showed him my RIMS in a tool box, but sold it last week. That would have been easy for him to see, only need a gas control valve instead of electric element.

Latest posts

Back