PSI question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinks

Reaction score
I finally got all of my parts together last night and got the top seal in my keg to stop leaking. I just transfered my light wheat ale to the keg and attached the co2 bottle up. I set it at 8psi and stuck it in my garage which is about 50-60 degrees right now. Should be in the 40's next week.

Anyway, my question is, is that to high of a PSI to let it carbonate with? Also should I leave the bottle attached to the keg at all times during this process or do I just need to pressurize the keg and leave it be?

I would up the PSI, check out this chart for info on what pressure to set based on the temperature and desired carbonation level.

Also, you will need to keep the CO2 connected during carbonation; as the CO2 dissolves into the liquid the pressure changes in the keg, you need to keep applying pressure or the CO2 will not be forced into solution.

Latest posts

Back