Planning a 240V EBrutus 20...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopheadNJ

Reaction score
As the title states, I've been planning an electric build for quite some time now but have been back and forth on what type of setup I'd like to actually go through with. I think I've finally made a decision and like a Brutus 20 style setup like iijakii's system.

I currently have a 15 gallon megapot, 10 gallon beverage cooler with braid (which I likely will upgrade to a FB). Recently I have set the cooler aside and have been doing BIAB which I like the simplicity of but have had a little trouble dialing in my efficiency. Typically I brew low gravity, hop forward ales but I like having the option to go big if I wanted also. Also, part of the reason I want to go 240v is to have the capacity to brew 10 gallon batches (low gravity) from time to time.

Everything will be setup in my basement on a SS prep table with a lower shelf. I'd like to have my MT on the lower shelf and the BK on the main table, utilizing 1 pump I already have. My BH sight glass has a port for thermo couple will using just this for temp monitoring be sufficient? Also, should I be using the cooler as a MT? I'm trying to not spend a fortune on this system but am considering a SS vessel for MT. I'm currently using a IC for chilling, What is a better option for this type of system counter flow or plate?

iijakii was kind enough to provide me with P-J's wiring diagram he used for his system which seems like it would also work for me. I'm trying to put together a parts list based on the diagram, but I'm not exactly clear on what I'll need. I've been trying to utilize all the available resources here on HBT but I find myself just going in circles.

Sorry for the lengthy post..Any thoughts, help, support is much appreciated. :mug:

240v_ebrutus20_wiringdiagram.jpg

Latest posts

Back