Mb82 Higgs Special

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mb82

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
S-05
Batch Size (Gallons)
1.5 gal
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 days 68*F
Tasting Notes
Not overly hoppy but you know there is Cascade hops in there.
Grains
3 lb 2-Row US
4 oz Crystal 60
2 oz Crystal 40

Hops
1/4 oz Cascade 60 min
1/2 oz Cascade 15 min
1/4 oz Cascade Dry hopped 7 days.

Mashed at 152*F

Bottle conditioned for 3 weeks at 72*

I have made this recipe twice both times getting rave reviews from family and friends. They keep asking for more.

Sounds good. Anything commercial/craft brews you might compare it to? Curious to see the color on this too, with only 3lbs of base grain.

What yeast did you use; id assume an american ale yeast (us-05?)
--beermethatbeer

Sorry it took so long to reply.
The closest beer I have had to this was Deschutes Brewerys Mirror Pond. Infact the first taste of it I was brought back to that trip out there.

I used US-05 and since this is a 1.5 gal batch so think more like 12-13 lbs or grain for a "normal" size batch. It came out a beautiful pale amber color, or is it a dark pale color?
Friends keep asking when am I going to brew this one again. I have not brewed it since posting. I have been playing with other recipes but maybe in Dec I will break this recipe out and double it so I have enough to keep my friends happy for a sort period of time.

Back