Johnson A19

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

contraguy

Reaction score
I think I screwed up...

I bought a Johnson A19ACA-14C on eBay without doing all of the research I should have. Apparently this particular model has to be manually reset each time it opens the circuit. Is there any way to override this feature, or should I just try to sell it and try again? I assume that this model was made as some sort of safety switch for HVAC application...

Looks that way. I'm in the HVACR business and have never seen one used, but per specs you are correct. Not sure what application this is typically used for (opens on drop w/ manual reset), but perhaps you can offload it somewhere......

I agree with 501 - I also do HVACR and have never seen one in the field. It must be used as a last resort safety of some kind.....

I did something similarly dumb when I bought my first controller. I got a A19-xxx that was meant for very hot applications. I took it apart and tried to adjust it down to my fridge temps, but it just wasn't going to please. Lesson learned. Ended up buying the right thing soon after that.

It's probably for some 'sanity check' like if the temp gets above this value or below this value there is something f'd up that requires manual intervention.

Back