Growing Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srm277

Reaction score
so my sister just bought a new house and has a huge backyard with alot of tree and space that they will never use and i am wondering what i would need to do to grow my own hops. I have made 3 batches so far and am enjoying it. Its a fun hobby that allows me to read while i cook, and have home adventures while i drink, no night is ever dull.
I leave in Northern new jersey. Is it possible to even grow them here, and what would i have to do to make it work?
My bro in law is actually a chemist so i can tell him what people say and have him help me with it all

check out the hops growing threads in the menu.

I haven't tried growing them, but it sounds somewhat simple....

good luck

This site has a separate sub-forum dedicated to growing hops. Check it out.

Basically it is quite easy. Hops are a perennial vine that grows about 18ft. It does best if it can climb a rope to that height. They grow from rhizomes (roots) you can buy from several sights online. NJ weather is pretty good for growing hops without much effort.

Craig

Latest posts

Back