Golf Leagues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin18

Reaction score
My future father in law is in a golf league in New York and really recommended that I try to get into one here in Raleigh, NC. I'm a definitely a beginner but the idea of being able to play nine holes at least once a week sounds great. Fall down here is great golf weather. Is anyone involved with a league and can offer advice on locating one?

This is my second season out and joined a league. Love it. We play 18 holes atleast twice a month. Improved my game immensely. Can't help you locate one though. Great fun if you get in with good guys.

I'm guessing your or your wife's work doesn't have a league? Too obvious - you would have figured out that one on your own. If you became a member somewhere you'd be set, but I'm also guessing that's not going to happen. I'd say your best bet is to just call around to your area courses and just ask if they hold any open leagues that you could become a part of.

Good luck!

go to a course you like playing and see if they have a men's (or lady's) league. Many have 2 person teams, so you might have to sub until you find a partner you enjoy playing with.

Playing every week will help your short game develop.

Back