Adding dry flaked wheat??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobi3232

Reaction score
I have my Heff in the secondary right now, and I also have a 1/2 pound of flake wheat left from my brew day. Has anyone ever thrown the dry flaked wheat into the secondary? Just something running through my head, so any help would be great!

if you want a sure fire way to give yourself a nasty lactobacillus infection go right ahead. Grain harbors bacteria naturally, that's why we mash at high temperatures for so long, it extracts the sugars and proteins we want as well as kills off the little buggers so we don't get sour mashes.

don't do it. unless you want a sour beer then go right ahead. it won't add any flavor that I can think of on its own

if you do it take pictures and keep records.

I have my Heff in the secondary right now, and I also have a 1/2 pound of flake wheat left from my brew day. Has anyone ever thrown the dry flaked wheat into the secondary? Just something running through my head, so any help would be great!

You have to mash it. Otherwise it would be like adding 1/2 lb of bread flour to your finished beer.

Latest posts

Back