Great news we are no longer just hobbists

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the article states you would need around 30 cans of beer to get the positive effects along with a picture of BMC. Is it safe to assume that about three or four good IPAs would do the trick?

blh3d said:
So the article states you would need around 30 cans of beer to get the positive effects along with a picture of BMC. Is it safe to assume that about three or four good IPAs would do the trick?

That's what I figure. I'm a west coaster so in my opinion if it tastes really hoppy.... Then add a little more. I mean come on it is for health purposes here.

"The amount of humulone in beer is so small that a person would have to drink 12 ounces – or about 30 cans – of beer in order to get its protective effect." Hmmm. Wonder how many cans the author consumed before writing this article...

Yeah I saw that, I think they meant 12 ounces of humulone

I read hobbits instead of hobbists I was thinking when I had become a hobbit and when I stoped being one.

Yeah I saw that, I think they meant 12 ounces of humulone

Ah, ok. That makes more sense, then. Sad that the average forum poster tends to word things better than a lot of "journalists" do.

Its also been found that certain beers contain significant levels of tetracycline

In addition, I learned a while ago that studies have shown (studies out of Germany, go figure...) that the silica present in beer does a fantastic job of warding off osteoporosis. Unfortunately, they did the study on multiple groups (male vs female and age brackets) and it had the least effect on those who statistically need it most: post-menopausal women.

The tatracyclene thing was true,at least in ancient Egyptian beer. They tested mummies bones & found high concentrations of tetracyclene from the beers,which they also made test batches of in the ancient method with the same ingredients.
I wonder if IPA's really would have more humulones?

IMO, 30 [12oz] cans of BMC swill is probably equal to about 2-3 pints of your typical, homebrew, ESB, pale ale, IPA, etc (or just about anything we make and like to drink). IIPA's are probably your RDA in a single pint. :D

Let's not forget about the b-complex dosage you're also getting from homebrew. :D

Think I'll pour a pint of 'b-complex'... :D

I knew there was some reason I'm the only one who never gets sick!!

As for the dosage, they were showing beer like bud so I think a great IPA is about three can to get the amount of hop goodness you need.
Just to be safe though, a guy might want to treat with a six pack.... at least.

I knew there was some reason I'm the only one who never gets sick!!

As for the dosage, they were showing beer like bud so I think a great IPA is about three can to get the amount of hop goodness you need.
Just to be safe though, a guy might want to treat with a six pack.... at least.

You talking 12 ounce cans or pints?? :D

Eman24dx said:
If 30-cans prevent colds and fight of sickness why do I feel like crap every Monday morning?

Just laughed out loud...people are looking at me.

I used to say laughter was the best medicine, but apparently it is second to a good brew.

So, my experimental beer, to be brewed in three months, needs six more packs of hops? Maybe my flex spending will cover that.

It's Fox News so I wouldn't be surprised if InBev promised a million dollar ad budget if they pushed this out

Back