Carbonate then age or vice versa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
Well Im in the process of figuring out this kegging thing. One question I do have for you guys is about aging. Now once in the keg, do you let it sit somewhere to age, or do you go ahead and corbonate first?

I went ahead and corbonated it, which I think is going to be a problem. Just knowing that I have corbonated beer in the fridge is going to be on my mind constantly. I know it needs time to age, but Im going to try and do my best not to drink it before its ready.

Chimone said:
I went ahead and corbonated it, which I think is going to be a problem. Just knowing that I have corbonated beer in the fridge is going to be on my mind constantly. I know it needs time to age, but Im going to try and do my best not to drink it before its ready.

I think you've nailed the main problem. :drunk: I kegged my first attempt at IPA, then ended up drinking half of it before it really peaked. :(

You could try placing six packs of your favorite commercial been around the keg, and see if that helps avoid/limit premature sampling.

Best of luck!

Back