All Northern Brewer IPA Recipe Suggestions/Yeast Experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinkothecarp

Reaction score
10lbs Light LME 4oz Crystal 20 2oz Victory malt 2oz Northern Brewer at 60 1oz Norther Brewer at 45 1oz Northern Brewer at 30 1oz Northern Brewer at 15 1oz Northern Brewer at 10 1oz Northern Brewer at 5 1oz Northern Brewer at flameout

We did one batch with pacman and one with american ale ii. However the recipes were the same. Although we brewed them, is there suggestions for next time?

10lbs Light LME 4oz Crystal 20 2oz Victory malt 2oz Northern Brewer at 60 1oz Norther Brewer at 45 1oz Northern Brewer at 30 1oz Northern Brewer at 15 1oz Northern Brewer at 10 1oz Northern Brewer at 5 1oz Northern Brewer at flameout

We did one batch with pacman and one with american ale ii. However the recipes were the same. Although we brewed them, is there suggestions for next time?

Have you thought about using a Cali Common yeast and basically doing an Imperial Steam? 'cause you've got me thinking about doing that, now...

I just want to recommend WLP005, White Labs British Ale yeast.

I did a pale ale with 10Lbs. Pale 2-row and 1 Lb. Caramel 40L, with Stirling hop additions.

The WLP005 added a very slight sweetness in the front of the crisp, clean beer, and the Stirling followed up with a spicy/herbal bitterness. It was wonderful! I am tempted to make ALL of my Pale Ale/IPA/Bitters/Similar recipes with this strain, because it is awesome.

-Oh, yeah- and this was a very young beer. The fermentation was complete after 94 hours, and I was drinking it at 10 days after brewing (1500 ml starter [shaken]).

Try this yeast! You'll love it.

I do not work for White Labs, but I admire their work.

Back