• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Full 4-Tap Tower Bar in SoCal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

replytonick

Reaction score
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/app/1812741841.html

See ad for more info.

OK. Kind of hard to describe, but if you are a crafty home brewer this may be something of interest. I have a 4 tap tower on a bar that is about 7' long by 30" wide by 40" tall. It is an older commercial bar I got from a friend. It can hold at minimum 4 full kegs. I am selling the core bar, I will keep the shanks/taps as I need them. What is being sold is the Johnson Controller. An AC unit I wired to the controller to hold 45 degrees. It is basically a large cold box (see homebretalk.com and there are a lot of cold room builds). The compressor/mechanics on it were older and no tech wanted to mess with it, so I went the cold room route with a small 5000btu ac unit.

Ads got all the info/pics. Need to make room for other toys. If you were thinking of a cold box/room, but don't have the full space, this bar can hold your cornies with lots of room for case beer and probably 2 carboy space fr lagering/etc. The stainless/drip tray most on here probably know the value of. It'll need the taps/distribution block/co2 tank/reg, but many on here I'm sure already have. It is a trade up kind of thing, envy of friends during football season/summer/etc. I need it out of my garage.

No interest? Maybe everyone is off blowing things up in prep for the 4th, or outside SoCal. I know it's an oddball setup, selling it at used material cost basically. I just went to an industrial metal supply looking for some yard stuff I plan on building and sheet stainless of a lesser 26 gauge is $30 for a 4x4 raw sheet, $3 a lb., just for the metal.

Chicompany drip tray prices (not including a tower):
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=47_50

Johnson Controller used price - $45
A used 5300btu newer AC - figure $50 used.

It is all going together, not splitting it up, just some price references.

This drip tray is 7 feet long! I also have a 12' long x 30" bar top not pictured laying against the bar that is covered in a dark walnut looking laminate going with it. I think inside can hold probably 6 carboys with room to spare for 4 cornie kegs. I'm heavily into some motor hobbies and just need the room back.

im looking for a 4 tap tower by itself... if you are willing to seperate and ship that to vermont?.... hehe shipping would be toooooo expensive on the whole bar, plus i just bought a chest freezer to convert for my 4 courney kegs... lemme know best price on the tower shipped to 05701 if at all willing.

I guess too big is relative, as I've seen guys with 3 fridges jammed into their garage around here all doing nothing but lager. Then a case beer fridge, etc. This would look much nicer. Ever see that corkboard full of pics at O'Sheas with guys backyard tap setups, much crazier setups exist. To me, a 6' long BBQ is too much, how much meat do you need to grill all at one time? There's a technical need when you have cold aging/lagering beers, just like I could use a few more glass carboys most of the time. I was going to clean it up below the stainless and brush on black enamel paint, did this with some custom steel brackets welded and fitted to block my neighbors capping a 6' block wall, and it was raw untreated steel, holding up fine after 3-4 years outside. I'm also into old scooters, cars, etc., so need the room, and I'm the only beer drinker really right now. It could survive in a backyard, I'd just put it in a more shady place, and make sure you run the right gauge wire.

I'll keep bumping it here a few times. It's really perfect for someone thinking about a cold room without the time/space/hassles to build needed for a full cold room. With what a BevAir similar size may cost, someone's gotta want it, just has to be the right person. If you're local, go to Industrial Metal Supply and price out just the materials. You could probably expand this thing to like 15+ taps over time, the stainless counter surface has the room. It was a 70s type bar I got from someone who's family had some parties, the counter laminate surface is like 12' long and can easily be cut down to size. They sold the house, he hung onto it, I got it and made it work. If you're handy with metal, you could cut it down to what you want and probably have a spare drip tray leftover. There have to be some fab guys around here who brew their own. I'd hate to just strip it and sell parts, feel it'd be a waste of decent setup.

Taps - If you're considering this, you probably already have a smaller setup already, maybe graduate from a small keezer/etc. Can't expect the taps at this price. 4 taps/shanks would easily be $120-$150 discounted. A distribution block can be fashioned from Harbor Freight and Chi for cheaper, but a commercial distributor is not cheap, you could just run Ts (I worked for a bar in college that mostly did this, imagine 20 kegs of spaghetti T'ed together to a reg). There's a local electrician always selling some co2 tanks locally pretty cheap. Regs can be had at Chi or elsewhere, most may have one. This is probably not for the first time kegger.

One last bump. It amazes me what I can sell on craigslist, yet this thing sits. I may just strip the top off along with the ac and controller. Maybe lean the stainless vertical in the yard somewhere outside it should fair well until I have a use, cut it down maybe, dunno. Someone could use a tin nibbler and cut/fashion this top for the top of a larger keezer even. I went to an industrial metal shop recently for something else and I'd guess the raw sheet stainless value alone is probably $120-$140. Man, when I was in college, me and 2 engineering buddies would have had a field day rigging this thing.

Latest posts

Back