Two-Hearted Ale Clone Recipe... Hop Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawgBrewer

Reaction score
I'm going to brew the Northern Brewer Dead Ringer extract kit soon. I have never brewed it before but love the commercial version. The recipe calls for only centennial hops. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is the same hop profile as the Bells Two Hearted that it is based off of. The recipe calls for:

1 oz @ 60 mins
1 oz @ 20 mins
2 oz @ 5 mins
1 oz dry hop

Has anyone brewed this recipe kit with other hops? How does it currently compare to the commercial version?

Bells is all Centennial. I thought that the hop schedule for the Dead Ringer kit was okay but I upped the bittering addition a little and moved the 20 minute to 15.

It's better than Bell's, probably, because the aroma is going to be so improved by your dry hopping.

I'm going to brew the Northern Brewer Dead Ringer extract kit soon. I have never brewed it before but love the commercial version. The recipe calls for only centennial hops. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is the same hop profile as the Bells Two Hearted that it is based off of. The recipe calls for:

1 oz @ 60 mins
1 oz @ 20 mins
2 oz @ 5 mins
1 oz dry hop

Has anyone brewed this recipe kit with other hops? How does it currently compare to the commercial version?

dead ringer is pretty "dead on" numbers are not that far off. great beer either way. Bells uses their own yeast so to get the exact beer , you wont. dead ringer is pretty close

Back