3 floyds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
Last night the wife, myself, and my sister went to a local microbrew place called Barley Island in Broad Ripple. The brewery is actually in Noblesville, but they opened up a restaurant thing close to my house. In general, I do not care for their beer, BUT they have some very impressive tap selections. last time I went they had hopslam on tap, which was very good. Last night they had three new 3 floyds on tap. One was dreadnought, one was Behemoth, and the other I can't remember, but I got the Behemoth.

wow, was it good. It's a barleywine, but it's actually pretty bitter. It's not sweet like most. and at 6 bucks for a 12oz goblet, you can't beat that! I saw a bomber bottle of it at the store for 18 bucks. Oh, and the hopslam i bought was only 5 :ban: I like having 3 floyds on tap close to home!

Nice, I'll have to check that place out sometime. Do you know of any other places in Indy with good tap selections?

Nice, I'll have to check that place out sometime. Do you know of any other places in Indy with good tap selections?

Brothers in Broad Ripple has a decent selection, if they give you the right beer you ordered (a whole story I won't go into). Scotty's is pretty good, and you have to check out the new Upland tasting room at 49th and college I think? I know i'm forgetting a few places.

Where in Indy are you located?

Southwest off of Kentucky Avenue. I don't know if you've ever been to Terre Haute (thats where i went to school), but Sonka's is my favorite place ever, they usually have around 30 beers on tap, and plenty others in bottles. Also Moggers is fantastic. Not many on tap, but probably a hundred or so in bottles.

Southwest off of Kentucky Avenue. I don't know if you've ever been to Terre Haute (thats where i went to school), but Sonka's is my favorite place ever, they usually have around 30 beers on tap, and plenty others in bottles. Also Moggers is fantastic. Not many on tap, but probably a hundred or so in bottles.

I've been to the 'Haute just twice, and both times it was to watch the Colts summer camp at Rose Hulman. I didnt' get to stay and hangout there though. I"m not sure how far away this place is for you, but here is a liquor store off of madison and stop 11 in greenwood/southport area. it's called party pak liquors or something. It looks like a total dive of a store, but they have the best beer selection EVAR! you can buy singles of everything and they have a lot of cold stuff too. I've never found another place like it since I moved to the north side.

isn't chumley's (sp?) in BR pretty awesome for tap selections? i was there in Jan and we started there, then barley island, then the ram in fishers. i don't remember much after BI.

Ah Indianapolis - I spent my first 36 years living there. This isn't a recommendation for a wide tap selection, but it's a ringing endorsement for a Broad Ripple establishment. Chef JJ's Backyard. I am a Big Green Egg enthusiast, and Chef JJ has opened a private venue where he's cooking unbelievable meals and pairing them with Sun King Brewery offerings. My brother and I hosted a private dinner there last October, and would highly recommend the place. They're having Beer Dinners in April, July, September, and November this year. :rockin:

Back