Need input for tap in kitchen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrewer12

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about installing a tap in my kitchen and was wondering if my idea would work and if it was worth the time and money. See in my house my kitchen sits directly atop my garage. My plan was to place my keg in my freezer in the garage and run a liquid line up through the wall and out into the kitchen. The "how" I'm going to rig this is not the problem. The issues I'm concerned about are 1) pressure needed to push beer up lines and 2) warm (or wasted) beer when it sits in the line between the filling of glasses. Any helpful suggestions, inputs, or comments would be great.

Thanks

I have seen several similar setups on this site, mostly putting the freezer in the basement and running the lines. do some searching and I 'm sure you can find them.

I would think you would have to insulate the beer lines between the garage and the kitchen.

as long as your are using a co2tank pressure is nothing to worry about.

what you need to be concerned about is keeping the beer line cold once it leave the freezer in the garage.

you can DIY this, but your best option is going to be a Gylcol system made for long runs of beer. You ca try and fashion your own Glycol system for cheaper or just splurge and buy a tried and true setup.

air is not going to do it for you, you need to run a cold recirculating glycol along your beer to keep it cold.

its doable, but not cheap.

-=jason=-

what is the distance between the freezer to the tap?

well its below the kitchen and coming from a freezer lets say 8-10' run outside of freezer...it needs some sort of cold cooling system air alone will not cut the mustard for this.

how if the kitchen was on the side of the wall from the freezer then it would be doable with out a glycol system.

-=Jason=-

Back