PVC pipe trellis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dextersmom

Reaction score
de5mc5.jpg

anyone make a trellis like this? I just kinda stumbled upon the picture and it is kinda exactly what i'd need for the space i have. Has anyone done this before? Is it stable?

i'll probably anchor it with extra lines as well as the lines for the shoots to climb.

also other question about wire, or twine. What is the most recomended brand of wire or twine...or bang for the buck?

I would be more inclined to use EMT (conduit) because PVC gets really brittle in the sun after a summer. You'll be able to use smaller diameter pipe for the same strength.

No it is relatively cheap. It is electrical conduit. Not sure if it is available at home depot, but any electrical supply store will have it.

Thats yoopers ain't it?

I think for the sake of money and the fact that i may move outa my apartment in the next year, i'm gonna go with pvc and try to keep the whole setup under 30 dollars.

Back