Noob Keg Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman540

Reaction score
After I pressurize with CO2 and bleed off the oxygen, should the keg age refrigerated or should it age at room temp? I read through the stickies, but didn't find anything that addressed this specifically? My theory is it depends on force carbonation versus natural carbonation, but I would like to be sure.
Thanks

My full kegs stay in the closet until there is room in the keezer. My keezer fits 4 kegs, 2 serving and 2 carbing, so when a keg gets moved from the closet to the keezer, it chills and carbs for about 3-4 weeks before its tapped.

They sit with or without carbonating sugar?

My full kegs stay in the closet until there is room in the keezer. My keezer fits 4 kegs, 2 serving and 2 carbing, so when a keg gets moved from the closet to the keezer, it chills and carbs for about 3-4 weeks before its tapped.

I put purge the oxygen with CO2 then put them in the closet, they get force carbed in the keezer. If you want to prime them, put your priming solution in the keg first, rack on top, then stick it in the closet for a couple of weeks. If want natural carbonation, you will have to keep the temp at 70 degrees at least, if you prime, then chill, it wont carb.

Latest posts

Back