50 Year Old Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap. That said I'd give it a try anyway. I found a beer in an old pump house by my parent house one time. It was probably 15-20 years old and it was not good.

Oldest beer I ever knowingly drank was 14 years old, it was a porter and was kept at around 68 deg the whole time (key was IN THE DARK). Tasted delish.

That is very old, will probably taste like piss and you have no idea what environmental conditions it's been subjected to. That said, I might try as well...just out of curioisty (EDIT: but not at THOSE prices!)

A friend of mine found a case of Bud Light from this era http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/13812-bud_light.jpg down in a basement somewhere and grabbed a couple as a joke.

Ended up forgetting about it for a while until one day we did a blind taste testing with the BMC beers, myself and a buddy snuck one of those old ones in, dont know why but we were laughing so hard I nearly pissed myself.

Served it to the guy who actually grabbed the cans in the first place!

Bottom line: it tasted pretty funky.

Back