Question for the computer gurus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
I've got a minor problem with Internet Explorer. SWMBO like to use the search button that is on the toolbar rather than Google or anything like that when searching the net. It suddenly is appearing in Spanish, and we can't figure out how to get it back to English. As far as I know this is the only Spanish speaking part of my puter, but I could be wrong. Any ideas???:confused:

Is it refusing to work, also? Maybe it's gone on strike. Check the system date and time - if it's around May 1, perhaps it's just late in participating in the immigrant work strike.

[DISCLAIMER]THIS IS JUST A JOKE, PLEASE DON'T TURN IT INTO SOME POLITICAL RANT.[/DISCLAIMER]

Yuri_Rage said:
Is it refusing to work, also? Maybe it's gone on strike. Check the system date and time - if it's around May 1, perhaps it's just late in participating in the immigrant work strike.

[DISCLAIMER]THIS IS JUST A JOKE, PLEASE DON'T TURN IT INTO SOME POLITICAL RANT.[/DISCLAIMER]

LOL no everything works.......I was, however beginning to think SWMBO took a Latin lover while I was away deer hunting over the weekend.:cross:

Ok, I actually have a reasonable idea - do you have the MS language toolbar installed? It appears at the top right of your screen and/or just to the left of the taskbar icons. Check for it and either close it or change it to EN (English).

If you're stumped, do a system restore. Back up a couple of weeks and it will blow away any settings you're messed with.

It's usually Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Then, download Firefox =)

Got it fixed. Apparently my 10 year old has been messing around on Windows live and changed the settings. I deleted all my cookies and restarted. Did the trick, but I had to try three times to get back on HBT because I couldn't remember my password! :eek: Damned kids........;)

Back