Shizzam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billfillmaff

Reaction score
Finally got all my equipment together and kegged up a stout. A brewer's best stout kit is what I used, any one used on of those before? Good stuff or pig swill? Tomorrow gotta head to Sears and pick up a chest freezer.

billfillmaff said:
Finally got all my equipment together and kegged up a stout. A brewer's best stout kit is what I used, any one used on of those before? Good stuff or pig swill? Tomorrow gotta head to Sears and pick up a chest freezer.

the first stout I ever made (1997) was a BB stout kit. I loved it. (Did your kit come with a packet of molasses? The one I made did.)

-walker

well.. it has been close to 9 years since I made mine, so maybe things have changed, or maybe they have multiple stout kits. :)

Anyway... I always thought the BB kits were great. Granted, they were the first things I used so I had nothing to compare them to, but I was certainly pleased with the beer I made with them.

-walker

I'm brewing my first homebrew with a buddy of mine tomorrow evening (Friday the 24th) and we will be using the Brewer's Best Irish stout. I'm glad to hear that it turns out well. The guy at the homebrew store said he loved it, but then he may have just been trying to make a sale (I don't know how much to trust him yet).

Our kit comes with (from memory, so bear with me), 2 cans of dark malt extract, 2 bags of specielty grains (can't remember specifics), and 2 hops (fuggles and something else). I like that the kit comes with grains, etc rather than just boil and ferment type kit. I feel like I am accomplishing more by starting off with an intermediate type brew. I've read the papazian book cover to cover and have also gone through the online Palmer book, so I am pretty confident that I know what to do.

We'll see how it turns out in a few weeks. Wish me luck.

Back