Taps Inside the Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
I am leaning toward one of the smaller, full size refrigerators, so I will have plenty of room.

Also, I am thinking about installing the taps on the inside, at least to start. Probably build some kind of simple frame for them out of wood.

No holes to drill, spills stay inside where they are easier to clean than the carpet and the taps will stay cold and cleaner.

Anybody doing that?

i know about the carpet - had a drip on the beer line to the tap inside the fridge - went to tighten it and grabbed the tap handle on the outside for support - wondered what the sound of running water was until i smelled beer!

If you're thinking about keeping the taps inside the fridge only temporarily, you could just use cobra taps until you are ready to move it to the outside. If you're talking permanently, though, I can't quite visualize what you would do. One of the nice things about having the taps (which I still don't have!) outside is for convenience and looks. I still have the cobra taps, and have to open the fridge each time, and see the not so attractive lines and kegs. I'm looking forward to drilling my fridge and sticking the taps on the outside, and a drip tray!

Back