How is this recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingPrepper

Reaction score
So I brewed this recipe and I am about to bottle in the morning. I wondered if anyone could offer me there opinions on how this recipe may taste if things turn out right. I am a new brewer just wondered what I could expect if anyone has done a similiar recipe.

2 3.3 lb cans Briess golden light LME
1 3.3 lb Cans Muntons light LME
1.25 lb of specialty grains
1 oz of warrior
1 oz Columbus
1 oz of Cascade
1 oz of Galaxy
2 packs of Safale yeast.

Sucks. Nah, just kidding. What kid of specialty grains and what times on the hops?

Edit: Also, which Safale? US-05 or S04.

I think it will end up around 1.012ish. It looks somewhat like an IPA or hoppy beer but I would have added 1/2lb table or corn sugar to dry it out a bit.

Hey you are right it is an IPA. The yeast is US-05. Idk exactly on the grains it was premixed by local brew shed. Next time I will pay attention and ask exactly what I am getting. Hops were as follows.

60 min Warrior
20 min Columbus
0 min Cascade and Galaxy and steep 20 mins before cooling.

Fermented for 3 weeks.

I would have moved the Columbus back to 15m(I prefer to keep my late additions to 15m and later, nothing between 60 and 15) but I am sure it will turn out tasty. I like to brew with a Belgian philosophy and make things easy to drink, which means not filling. I think you made a nice beer.

Back