Height of your taps on the doors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakecpunut

Reaction score
I've went through almost all of this entire thread looking at all the awesome Kegerators!

I'm getting ready to convert my full size fridge that I picked up later on this week..

I've noticed several of you opted to keep the tap handles low enough to be able to open the freezer on top. Then some of you have the handles sticking up past the freezer to where it appears you're either not using the freezer or having to take the handles off when you do want to open the freezer.

Sooo, those of you that mounted higher and can't access your freezer, do you wish you had mounted them lower?

And for those of you that mounted lower, do you wish you had mounted them higher and not worried about freezer access?

I've got a friend who mounted his high, and they are very easy to pour beer. Whenever he needs to open his freezer, he just opens the refrigerator door as well. There is no need to remove the handles every time. It's nice to have the beer at a natural height. My handles are going tobe on the low end because I'm building a keezer.

I saw one where the doors we bolted together with a little plate and screws. This way when you open the door no chance of a spill.

I zip-tied my two doors together so they open at the same time. I don't use the freezer enough for it to matter too much.

Back