Trying to find a recipe for "Supper Club" anybody got anything??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLFoley

Reaction score
A friend of mine is from Wisconsin where his favorite beer "supper club" (which is a pale lager) is brewed at capitol brewery in Middleton, WI. They don't sell it here in Kentucky, so i was wanting to surprise him with a batch if i could find a recipe. Any info on this would be a big help. Thanks!!:mug:

One of the few times I haven't been able to find much via Google. From the tasting notes I see, I'm thinking this beer is likely all 6-row plus a noble hop (think Hallertau). Golden amber seems to be the common color description, so you may have some sort of Crystal in the mix --let's guess 40L. Let's call this thing an American Premium Lager in spite of the reviews.

So, for a preliminary recipe:

90% 6-row
10% C40
20 IBUs of Hallertau at 60 minutes

For fermentation, try the Budweiser yeast. It'll give you dependable results if used properly.

My hopping schedule is based on the fact there is absolutely no mention of hops in the tasting notes. You could probably do Magnum, use less hops, and get the same results.

Now, if you want to wow your friend, change that 6-row to a good American 2-row and toss in a half-ounce 15 minute hop addition. Tell him it's your improvement on his beer. It won't be flavorful enough to be offputting but it'll be enough to make him appreciate quality ingredients and recipe design.

Latest posts

Back