Low-profile pinlock Disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bphelan

Reaction score
Just received the jackpot of free kegging equipment from my home brewing mentor: 10 pin locks, dual gauge regulator, and a ton of fittings. I now have 13 kegs! Guess I'll have to get to work on that pipeline. Anyhow, amongst the fittings I noticed one set of these which seem to be low profile pin-lock connectors, which I've never seen before. Has anyone else seen these? I'd like to buy another set for an upcoming mini fridge kegerator project.

photo(3).JPG

I have seen them, they were standard black and red ones. I don't know if they are made anymore. If you convert them to ball lock and use the ball lock connector it saves about 1-1.5".

So I ended up ordering these from CHI Company. Had read some mixed reviews of this seller on HBT so I was hesitant but they were the only place I could find low-profile pin lock quick disconnects, and the space savings were important to me. CHI Company came through -- they actually called me to offer a cheaper shipping option than I was able to get through the site (saving me $7), they shipped quickly and I received everything I ordered. Not questioning other's experiences with them but I was pleased with their service and would order from them again if I end up needing more of these parts.

They sell "short" pin lock disconnects here, according to the description should save you just over half an inch over normal pin lock disconnects:

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=163&zenid=7e0418ea60a1747f333d47d7009ff005

So I ended up ordering these from CHI Company. Had read some mixed reviews of this seller on HBT so I was hesitant but they were the only place I could find low-profile pin lock quick disconnects, and the space savings were important to me. CHI Company came through -- they actually called me to offer a cheaper shipping option than I was able to get through the site (saving me $7), they shipped quickly and I received everything I ordered. Not questioning other's experiences with them but I was pleased with their service and would order from them again if I end up needing more of these parts.

Normal ones are 3" tall, their short ones say they are 2 5/16" tall. That's a savings of 11/16" only, not the 1.5" mentioned. Now that you've got them - are they really 2 5/16" tall? I need exactly 1.5" shorter. :confused: :(

Back