hops and bugs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
I cant see the little fockers, but something is eating my leaves... not too bad... but still... I am not growing them for their pleasure.. lol... can I use liquid Seven? I WAS watering them too much and after I cut my schedule down, they are really taking off... I will have to take some pics...

Based on some reading, I've been using a VERY weak solution of soap and cayeinne pepper in water to control bugs. I have found this to work well and am impressed how quickly the plant bounced back from the initial attack. If you don't want ot risk scorching the growth, you could always order some lady bugs and release a few onto your bines every 2 days or so.

If there's not much damage why spray a chemical pesticide? Insects are a part of the environment and the plant, if strong and healthy, can easily outgrow minor predation without any ill effects. Plus you'll want to identify the pest before you take action anyway, or you could do more harm than good by just randomly spraying stuff around hoping to eliminate a pest you can't even see.

Back