$20 to burn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reggie22

Reaction score
I received a $20 gift card to a local liquor store that has a nice selection of brews. As I usually won't spend that much on one bottle, this gives me the opportunity to do just that without caring. (I am kinda stingy with my money) If you had just $20 to burn at a liquor store/bottle shop, what would you buy?

Would depend. I would as usual buy whatever I want. I usually don't buy big bottles though unless they're only available in that format. WOuld much rather spend 10 bucks on 4 pack of double jack than 7 bucks on a bomber.

For example the last few big bottles I've bought for my own consumption have been Brooklyn's Silver Anniversary Lager, Stone's Enjoy By, and something belgian, I forget.

for $20 do a couple of build your own 6 pack if your liquor store offers it. that way you can get a variety. i do it so i can try several different beers that ive never had, instead of buying a 6 of the same thing and finding out i dont like it and being stuck with 5 more of them

Mead. Not Chaucer's.

As many barley and wheat wines as $20 will get you.

Bottles of someone's special anniversary brew in whatever style they have closest to your favorite.

Imperial anything. And find a buddy and share. Try something new that you haven't had yet. It will make for a good experience and ultimately improve upon the spirit of the gift.

That's what I would do.

Back