Priming w/dme

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you will need more than 3/4 cup of DME for a 5 gallon batch.
More like 1 1/4 cup or 300 ml. I am not sure about the 2 cups of water though. My recipe doesnt specify. It just says to use 1 1/4 cup (300ml) DME.
I imagine we will have to use the water to insure even distribution.

From two different carbonation calculators, 3/4 of a cup is 6 oz of dme. This will give you between 2.4 and 2.6 vol of co2 in 5 gal of beer. Definitely boil the water for 10 min or so then add it to the bottling bucket. 2 cups is about right you just want tohaley get the dme dissolved.

I don't understand what measurement is used when you say 2.5 volumes of Co2? Is it 2.5 liters, psi/vol, or what?
Also, be sure you are not equating corn sugar with dme. It takes more dme to carbinate the beer.

Fermentate - Im not exactly sure of the metric. When carbonation is discussed the units are always volumes or co2. The calculators I was referring to split up sugar measurements into table, corn and dme. Since that is what he asked about that is the value I gave him.

Latest posts

Back