English Ale Haul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to pick up a bottle of the goblin yesterday and ended up with some new-to-me stuff. How'd I do?:mug:

IMG_3132.JPG

The oatmeal stout bit the dust last night:tank:

The Nut Brown Ale is one of my favorite beers. Soooooo goooood.

You did very, very good.

Be sure to enjoy them "warmer" than normal.

The Nut Brown Ale is one of my favorite beers. Soooooo goooood.

You did very, very good.

Be sure to enjoy them "warmer" than normal.

I generally drink my beers warm anyway, so not a problem. I let the oatmeal stout sit out for about half an hour before drinking it and it was absolutely incredible. I absolutely loved it - best stout I've tasted I think.

My problem is deciding which to drink! I only drink one new beer at a time so I can make sure all taste buds are fully functional:mug:

Oh, man....this Sammy Smith Nut Brown Ale is unbelievable! Between this and what I remember of the Hobgoblin, I'm wondering if I need to drill a fifth hole in the keezer collar for a permanent English Brown tap.

The Sam Smith stuff is some of my favorite. Especially their Taddy Porter.
They are also my favorite bottles to reuse. They seem heavier then standard bottles. And I think they look cool.

I drank my first Hobgoblin last night. I was kinda disappointed at first taste, but it improved as it warmed up a bit.

I really like the Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout.

Those are all solid beers. Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout is one of my favorites. Taddy Porter is excellent too!

I drank the Young's Double Chocolate last night. While it was good, I found it to be similar to other chocolate stouts in that the chocolate really serves more to mute the grain flavors than add additional chocolate flavor. I think I'll be sticking to stouts without chocolate added. I find the chocolate flavors from the grains more pleasant than from actual chocolate.

Absolutely loved the oatmeal stout and nut brown ales. I still have the hobgoblin for tonight, but I've had one before. Good stuff.

Good catch! I feel the same way you do about the Young's DC. If you enjoyed the Sammy Smith Oatmeal Stout, grab yourself a Young's Oatmeal Stout. Truly a pleasurable experience. Just as good as the SS.

I've got a few extra bucks laying around, I believe it is time to grab myself an English ale haul. Pics in a bit!

Latest posts

Back