Greetings from Istanbul!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarikapak

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

My name is Tarik and I am living in Istanbul, Turkey. I am new to this community, and actually this is my very first post.

I am planning on starting to brew in a month or so, and have managed to find some local places for hops and barley. I am sure I will be able to find the equipment as well. I am reading John Palmer's book for the last 2-3 weeks, and I hope I can manage to brew something drinkable :)

Cheers!

Hello Tarik. Welcome. We'll be interested to hear how that first brew turns out. I bet it will be quite tasty and will lead to batch number 2 and 3 and 4 ...

It took a little more time than expected, but I've brewed my very first yesterday.

It is EdWort's Haus Pale Ale, I hope it will turn out to be quaffable :) :tank:

If your sanitation was and remains top priority and your patient for the yeast to do their thing, it will be a fine beer. Hope you enjoyed your first brew day! Cheers!!

@SchloeBrew - I do not have any access to StarSan here, but I am using iodophor solution. I think it will work out.

@SchloeBrew - I do not have any access to StarSan here, but I am using iodophor solution. I think it will work out.

You will be fine with the proper dilution of iodophor. Also, I wanted to comment on your reading John Palmer's Book "How to Brew". Reading the book is a great place to start.

Mark

@Mark - I already have the book, and it's my bible so far :)

The only problem is to wait for drinking now.

luiinidaho said:
you will be fine with the proper dilution of iodophor. Also, i wanted to comment on your reading john palmer's book "how to brew". Reading the book is a great place to start.

Mark

x2

Back