Nugget and Saaz hops' score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja_Brewer

Reaction score
I check craigslist everyday at various times to see if i can come up with any cheap equipment or...well anything! and the other day it paid off huge! I got about half a pound of hops for free because a guy was moving to the west coast and couldnt take his grains or hops with him.:rockin:

Now I have about half a pound of Nugget hops pellets and Saaz pellets and leaves! I dont know the AA% but Im going to guess a median range,

Does anyone have an extract IPA recipe in which i could use one or the other??

Many thanks:mug:

I check craigslist everyday at various times to see if i can come up with any cheap equipment or...well anything! and the other day it paid off huge! I got about half a pound of hops for free because a guy was moving to the west coast and couldnt take his grains or hops with him.:rockin:

Now I have about half a pound of Nugget hops pellets and Saaz pellets and leaves! I dont know the AA% but Im going to guess a median range,

Does anyone have an extract IPA recipe in which i could use one or the other??

Many thanks:mug:

An all nugget IPA sounds good (I think David_42 mentioned one a few days ago, and got me thinking about this), but Saaz is much better for other applications, I think. Saaz is nice in pilsners and in some other ales (my Dead Guy clone uses saaz, for example).

Good score!

Yooper, I did some searching and I think i found what you mentioned so Im going to look at those recipes and consider them! Thanks for the heads up

I have a bunch of saaz so Ill have to find a beer that uses mostly just that!

How long do you reckon they'll last in the fridge or freezer??

Yooper, I did some searching and I think i found what you mentioned so Im going to look at those recipes and consider them! Thanks for the heads up

I have a bunch of saaz so Ill have to find a beer that uses mostly just that!

How long do you reckon they'll last in the fridge or freezer??

If they are in the original packaging, vacuum packed, they will last a long time in the freezer. If the are still sealed up, they will last a couple of years. If not well taken care of, they may still be fine. You can smell them and see. If they smell off, or not right, then they've gone bad.

Back