$20 welding cart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugaboo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Need to practice before I get going on my brewtree build so I went the scrap yard and bought some random pieces to put together a welding cart. Double hook for the torch, hooks for the helmet and ground cable, space off the back to fit a tank if I choose to go for shielding gas and a holder for my mig tool. 70 pounds of metal cost me $13.80 and the wheels cost $7 each. Only used half the metal. Here are the pics

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Looks good! Great way to practice making a cart to hold it. I would strongly recommend using gas, the welds come out so much better.

Yes, the gas makes a huge difference. I used argon for my TIG welder, when welding carbon steel.

Yeah I liked my old avatar but when I found this one I had to change. It really ties the room together.

Love this cart. I'm not gonna clean up anything on it. Leaving the rust and weld splatter. The perferated grate was bent alot. I spent a reasonable amount of time straightening it but it's definitely not perfect. Gotta say it's a relief doing something cheap and dirty instead of trying to make it all perfect.

Latest posts

Back