Riddle Me This

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blugrazz

Reaction score
Left town for the Thanksgiving holiday and head out to the garage fridge to get a beer tonight only to find the beer line frozen, keg partially frozen, and tank gone. There was a jug of water that was also frozen but every other bottled beer, food item, etc was no where near frozen. I live in Charlotte so the night time lows might have been around freezing but this was in a fridge in a garage. The keg and jug of water are near the bottom of the fridge. Also, everytime I leave town my tank empties. Its like the fourth tank to do this.

Are you familiar with CO2 fire extinguishers? When the CO2 leaves the extinguisher it gets super cold. If your tank is leaking through the beer keg it is taking some of the heat away when it escapes. It sounds like it wouldnt take a lot to get it down to freezing. This only happens when you are away?

Is the amount of beer the same as when you left?

Do you have teenagers? ;) ...sorry - had to throw that in there.

Dynachrome, I wondered about that. We do keep our garage unlocked and let our neighbors borrow our fridge for storing food during Thanksgiving but my wife said they used the fridge in the house.

Maybe the frozen keg may help me figure out the what is leaking. With a frozen beer line and frozen beer in the keg what would that suggest is leaking.

Back