Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Cream Soda Recipe with vanilla extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 AM   #21
dontman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I make a 3 gallon batch of cream soda with:

1/3 cup chopped raisins
7 vanilla beans
1 cinnamon stick
5 cups dark brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
3/4 tsp cream of tartar

I serve it with a dollop of cream or as the absolute bestest Ice Cream Soda I have ever had.

On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #22
Joe C
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C View Post
5gal. Even flat it's awesome!
It was actually a 6gal carboy that i filled.. whoops!
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #23
mordantly
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan View Post
Had a hard time finding a cream soda recipe on here other then the packet ones sold at the LHBS so i found one online that I tried tonight. Tasted it after it cooled down and it tasted like pretty good cream soda for being flat. In keg now at 35 psi.

Recipe is from here. Only had 2 cups of corn syrup so I changed the recipe to this:

2 cups Corn Syrup
16 2/3 cups Sugar
6 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Unsweetened Lemonade Kool-aid Mix
Water

Mixed everything in about 8 quarts of hot water to dissolve sugars and then poured into a keg and topped off to 5 gallons with cold water.

Looked up sugar content of A&W compared to ours and ours is about 40% more sugar so could probably be done with less sugar.

is this one pretty good cold and carbd??

Old 11-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #24
zorcy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

just a tid bit. the creme part came from the smooth mouth feel you get from lactose, a milk sugar. i think if you looked up a milk stout, used the sugar ratios, you would get a better flavour. i tried a dozen single batches of rootbeer. using all kinds of sugars. the best that i found was a mix of brown sugar and lactose. it gave the right taste and feel. very similar to good creme soda.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:40 AM   #25
dvidakovich
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Cream Soda Recipe

We just the yeast method recipe from http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Cream-Soda

Easy instructions and we scaled it up to 2 Liters and used our beer brewing bottles:

4 Tablespoons of Penzys Spices Pure Vinalla Extract Single-Strength Alcohol 35%
1/4 teaspoon yeast
2 Quarts of water

Mix everything together and bottle (we used our beer brewing kit to secure the caps).
Wait 48 hours (they say until the their plastic bottle is hard, but using bottles will be impossible to tell)
Then put in back of refrigerator undisturbed for 24-48 hours

Sounds good and I'll let you know how it turned out.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #26
pdbreen
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not sure why I waited so long before attempting to make soda. Gave it a shot today using the following recipe (based on prior posts and what I had on hand and wanted to get rid of):

2 cups corn syrup
4 1/2 - 5 cups light brown sugar
4 1/2 - 5 cups sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 teaspoons vanilla

Create the syrup, add to a keg, top off with cold water and put on the gas. I think this took all of 15 minutes.

I also put 2 mixer nozzle inserts (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure...oubles-100151/) in the pickup so I can carb it fairly high and still serve.

Tastes good, but defnitely a bit sweet for me. If that doesn't change when it's carbed up, I'll cut back on the sugars next time.

And, even though I hate better living through chemicals I also hate the thought of drinking that much sugar. So I think I'll be picking up some Splenda next time I'm at Costco.

On Deck: Centennial IPA, Dry Irish Stout
P: Cascade Pale Ale
S: (nothing!)
K: (nothing!)
T: Carbed Crystal Light, Root Beer, Vanilla Cream Soda, Tripel IPA, Apfelwein

e^(pi*i) + 1 = 0

Old 03-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #27
dvidakovich
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

pdbreen can't wait to hear how it turns out.

The recipe I did above wasn't good at all. I bought cola and cream soda extracts and so far the recipes turn out pretty good.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #28
Omegagodly
Recipes 

i made a 2 liter batch of cream soda today using partially my own recipe from what i've gathered off of here. i used

about 10-12oz of light brown sugar
6 teaspoons of pure vanilla concentrate i got in mexico
i mixed this together in water i heated up in a pan on the stove, no particular measurement but about 1/4-1/3 of a 2 liter bottles worth of water.
cooled it, poured it in the 2l bottle and added 1.5 tablespoon of lemon juice, fresh squeezed.
topped it off with water and pitched about 1/8 teaspoon of yeast(just regular very high active bread yeast i made some ginger ale with, it works lol)
it tasted really good before i closed her up, but i plan on letting it sit at room temp for 2 days or until it gets about rock hard, and then storing it in the fridge for about 2 days, or until i can't stand waiting any longer lol.

when i made my ginger ale, i opened it up after letting it sit for approx 2 days, and it kept becoming flat after opening the bottle a couple times, im hoping letting it sit in the fridge will correct that problem a little.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #29
zorcy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default heard it thru the net

I heard that it takes about 24 hours in the fridge to get the CO2 to lock into the liquid. They have also suggested rolling it a bit, to agitate, to give it more surface area i guess, when you force carbonate with a special cap and CO2.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #30
Omegagodly
Recipes 

well ill see how much it makes a difference. ill also pick up some brewers yeast soon to see how much better it works than my bread yeast. lol

Quick Reply