Newbie needs help.. How much should I cut back?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLarkin

Reaction score
So I recently got a couple cascade plants. I'm very new to growing and pretty much any sort of gardening. The picture I uploaded was taken last week so there's a decent amount of more growth. I've heard you're supposed to cut down some of the shoots to avoid crowding.. How much is the question?

I have another one of these that I haven't put in the ground yet. They are pretty big.. About 2 and a half feet tall and 3 feet in diameter.

image.jpg

You'd be better off thinning that beast out. That's a huge crown and you'd be fine to take the whole thing out of the pot and quarter it. You'll then still have 4 decent sized plants to do what ever you want with. It'll be shocked a little, but by the looks of it, there should be plenty more shoots to come up once it recovers and you'll be well on your way to a good harvest this year.

The one in the pic is already in the ground.. I'll trim it a bit but I'd like to try and keep As much as possible. I could try quartering the other one that's still in the pot if it's not too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back